If you missed our last session for in person registration, you can still register online or contact us at email@example.com. See our registration page for more details. Note: our baseball registration fee increase deadline is April 1st!
Looking for boys/girls born in 2004-2006 to fill up some of our teams. Help us find one that registers before the March 31st early-bird deadline, and we'll enter both yourself and the player that registers into a draw for great ball gear. Contact Tammy Thompson to get the ball rolling or for more details.
BASEBALL ONTARIO AND SELECT ONTARIO BASEBALL MERGE
We've made some changes to our Mosquito Division, and hope you'll join us to play ball this summer. Here are a few things that will make the game more fun!
- We’ll be offering free pitching clinics to all registered participants – we think this will improve the quality of the game, and give everyone a chance to learn. The first one is April 19!
- Skills clinic – for all registered kids during the season to work on the basics of ball.
- We’ll be running coach training clinics – we want to make sure that kids are learning the basics correctly, and improve the quality of coaching that your child experiences. If you’re interested in coaching, we’ll make sure that you know what you need to do to feel comfortable doing so.
- Regularly scheduled practices – we’ll have both regular group practices and scheduled practices before the season starts. We think this will improve the quality of ball.
- The season ends the weekend of July 25. We had lots of feedback at our AGM with respect to having playoffs after the long weekend and vacation conflicts, so the date has been moved earlier to avoid that.
We hope you'll join us.
Just a reminder that earlybird registration ends March 31 and after that time, prices go up. We also have a promotion for recruiting new Mosquito players - check out our facebook page for details.
Waterdown Minor Baseball Association
Annual General Meeting
Thank you to all who participated at our AGM on Oct 22, 2014. It was a record turn out, which created great discussion and ideas that will definitely help this association grow and improve over the next few years. One of the major changes that was unanimously voted in was the elimination of the Grass Hopper Division to be replaced with "Senior Tball" next season (7 year olds, born in 2008). They will have the option to play Senior Tball, which speeds up the game, and drastically improves defensive play, or this age has the option to move up to play Rookieball if they want to hit against a pitching machine.
I am glad to announce that we were almost able to fill every single position on the committee, compared to a handful of people who have been running the association for the past few years. First I would like to announce that after 2 years as President, I chose to step down, so a new President was voted in. Congratulations goes to Mike Kinnear, who has been involved in the organization for many years as the Umpire in Chief, and as head coach for different levels of rep teams.
Thank you to all the parents and players for your support and enthusiasm over the past two seasons. A special thank you to the committee members that worked with me to help run the association while wearing many hats.
Please note the Committee members that were voted in for the 2015 season:
President – Mike Kinnear
Vice President – Mike Harwood
Treasurer – David Stevenson
Secretary – Ben Adams
Registrar – Tammy Thompson
Coach and Player Development – Krista Harwood
Equipment – Gary Zagar
Sponsor – Barclay Napier
Uniform – Candice Rivait
COBA Representative – Bob Kostello
Head Convener – Chris Beckett
Umpire in Chief – TBD
FMSA Rep – Katie Altoft
Scheduler – Tammy Thompson
City Liaison – Gary Zagar
Awards – Kristy Adams
Blastball Convener – Candice Rivait
T-Ball Convener – TBD
Senior T-Ball Convener – Mike Harwood
Rookieball Convener – TBD
Mosquito Convener – James Stainton
Website Director – Carey Clement
Diamond Crew Coordinator – Kim Gibson
Communications – Candice Rivait
Looking For Mosquito Mixed/Atom Girls Players
Looking for boys/girls born in 2004-2006 to fill up some of our teams. Help us find one that registers before the March 31st early-bird deadline, and we'll enter both yourself and the player that registers into a draw for great ball gear. Contact
to get the ball rolling or for more details.